Skip to main content

1502 Ruby Corona Box Pressed

The 1502 Ruby Corona is a pre-release sample sent to me by Global Premium Cigars. I am excited to try this new vitola since the Ruby robusto was my 2013 cigar of the year.

Quick Details
  • Cigar Size:  Corona - Box Pressed
  • Origin:  Nicaragua
  • Wrapper:  Ecuadorian Maduro
  • Binder:  Nicaraguan
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
  • Price: Est. under $6.50 - Samples provided by House of Emilio and Global Premium Cigars
1502 Ruby Box pressed Corona Cigar

Visually inspecting the cigar I found the construction to be top notch. The Ecuadorian maduro wrapper was rolled on tightly and contained only a few small veins. Feeling down the body, it was firm with no hard or soft patches. Testing the cold aromas from the body and foot I found notes of chocolate and spicy cedar. Once the end was clipped the very free cold draw yielded just about the same flavor notes. I don't smoke many coronas so I was a bit surprised at how easy this cigar toasted and started burning.

Once it was lit the first mouthful of smoke had notes of spicy cedar, light black pepper and a hint of citrus. Around the one inch mark the pepper faded and the more familiar notes of coffee and chocolate dominated the mix. When the burn passed the 1/3 mark the flaky dark gray ash gave up and fell to the ground. At the mid point the flavor mix changed to a mix of earth and mild red pepper lasting about an inch until the chocolate came back mixed with some sweet molasses that lasted to the nub.

Overall the 1502 Ruby Corona was another great stick with solid construction, that smoked well and had good flavors. Like it's bigger brother, it held it's box pressed shape down to the nub. I still favor the robusto in this blend over the corona, but if you favor coronas this will be a great stick for you!

I would like to thank Global Premium Cigars for giving me the opportunity to smoke and review this cigar!

Appearance and construction: 19
Flavor: 18
Smoking characteristics: 19
Overall experience: 19
Purchased Price: 18
Total: 93

For more reviews visit cheapashcigar.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the