Skip to main content

Italian Roast Espresso by Coffee Bean Direct

Italian Roast Espresso by Coffee Bean Direct
This Italian Roast Espresso Coffee came from Coffee Bean Direct Coffee Roasters. We've teamed up to bring you some exiting reviews on coffee, tea and other products over the next few months. It should be very exciting.

As the bag was opened there was an immediate aroma to the nose of rich coffee and a hint of chocolate. This was a dark roast with fantastic caramelization on the beans--each bean looked like it had been hand dipped in oil. Once ground, the beans had the same bold coffee aroma, but there was also a hint of nuts.

For brewing methods on the Italian Roast I used two, pour-over and auto-drip, with both methods achieving entirely different results.

On the pour-over a dark crusty bloom developed with aroma nuances of fresh baked bread and mellow grapefruit. Once the pour-over was complete there was bit of oil floating on the cup (personally, I like that) and the first sips were bright, crisp and mouthwatering. As the coffee cooled a bit in the cup, the mouth feel became a bit heavier with more of a syrupy feel, however it was still fairly crisp.

Flavor wise the coffee did have some complexity. The first sips had hints of bread, sandalwood and some semi sweet caramel. As it cooled there were some nutty and red wine fruit type notes that developed.

Brewing a the pot auto-drip method, the coffee took on totally different characteristics. Smooth and well balanced is probably the best description I can give, this coffee flows across the palate like warm velvet. With this brewing method the predominate flavors were semi-sweet caramel and cashews. I've been drinking this Italian Roast in the morning the past few days and think it's an amazing breakfast blend too.

Back a few months I put out a challenge to coffee roasters to give me a coffee that breaks my 5 point rating scale. Well, Coffee Bean Direct Coffee Roasters did just that. This will be my last review using a 5 point scale.

I give this Italian Roast Espresso a 5 out of 5 start rating!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the