Skip to main content

CAO Brazilia


CAO Brazilia
Once this stick was free from the cellophane it was quite easy to see the craftsmanship and attention to detail put into the construction this cigar. 

The dark, oily, Brazilian wrapper was flawless and I could smell the spicy chocolate aroma radiating from several inches away. The foot also had the same nice aroma and the cigar was very firm with no soft spots. I had also picked up a punch yesterday and was anxious to give it a spin after tasting the cap, which it too tasted like spicy chocolate. I thought since the cigar was so firm that the draw may be impaired, but even with just a punch hole in the cap the cold draw was flawless and again tasted like spicy chocolate.


Once a flame was put to the cigar it produce a nice amount of white smoke that had a pleasant woody aroma. The flavor from the first puffs mainly had chocolate undertones mixed with a good tobacco flavor, these flavors remained constant through the first third and didn't change until about the mid point. Even though I was being careful I was a bit disappointed that the white ash fell at about the 1 1/2" mark. At the half way point a nice mild earthiness developed into the flavor mix as the chocolate faded a tad bit. As the near perfect burn reached the final third the chocolate came back just enough to change the flavor into more of a scalded mocha flavor that was near perfect. 

This scalded mocha favor mix held until the very end giving this cigar a super strong finish. Even though the flavor profile of this cigar didn't have the complexity in the first two thirds that I really enjoy, the flavors in the final third and the fantastic flavor from the wrapper that only became tastier as the cigar burned earned this cigar my number three spot for the year so far. I will be picking up a few more of these tasty treats.

Rated 92

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining last night Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun meeting new people that have a common interest and discussing the same sticks. I also have these that should be here today. 5 Vegas Gold, Man O' War Armada, Ashton VSG, Ave Maria Reconquista, Romeo y Julieta Edición Limitada, and Cohiba Puro Dominicana, which I haven't had before other than the Armada.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the