Skip to main content

Humi-Care HX10 Rectangle Humidifier

Earlier in the week I posted an article about removing mold from a humidor. In that article I mentioned that I replaced all the humidification devices that were in with the mold. The main reason the mold problem occurred is the rectangle humidifier that came stock with my humidor would not stick to the lid so I had it resting against a lower partition and it fell over landing on the face trapping air and moisture resulting in mold.
In my other humidor I already have a third party replacement rectangle humidifier, but like the stock units it won't stay attached to the lid. I will review that humidifier here in the near future.
Quick Details
  • Humi-Care HX10 Rectangle Humidifier
  • Dimensions: 6.5" x 2.5" x .75"
  • Crystals containing propylene glycol
  • Price: $14.95 - $20.00 retail
Humi-care humidifier
In the past I have read good things about the Humi-Care Rectangle Humidifier so I went on the hunt for this unit. It didn't take long to find one listed in an auction.  I bid on the Humi-Care HX10 Rectangle Humidifier and the next day it was on it's way at a really great price.
Well unpacked this nice looking unit and read the instructions. To my surprise once it had the proper amount of distilled water added into the unit, I was instructed to let it rest for 45 minutes so the crystals could absorb the water. So that's just what i did. I also said turn it off and daub off the excess water after the correct absorption time. When I turn it over a fair amount of unused water poured out even though I had filled it to the recommended level. OK, no big deal really. I took the protective coating of the mounts and stuck it to the inside of the humidor's lid and hoped this one would finally stick.
Well it did stick! Three weeks later it is still attached to the lid and is keeping my 100 count humidor at the proper humidity level.
I'm giving this Humi-Care Rectangle Humidifier a high 9 out of 10 star rating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the