Skip to main content

AKA Cigars Nth Degree Robusto

Right after IPCPR, Jay Lundy from AKA Cigars sent me some pre-release samples of their newest cigar the "Nth Degree". This is there first cigar that comes with a maduro wrapper and I am super excited to give it a try. To put it frankly, to date I love every cigar in AKA's lineup. They all have top notch construction, flavor and burn. I bet they don't let me down.
Quick Details
  • Cigar Size: Infinite : Robusto 5.5 x50
  • Wrapper:  San Andreas Broadleaf
  • Binder: Dominican
  • Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Peruvian
  • Price: $8.25  Pre-release sample provided by AKA Cigars

AKA Nth Degree
Construction: This is one great looking stick. The light blue and silver double band contrasts nicely against the toothy, broadleaf maduro wrapper and should make it a standout on cigar store shelves. Once again AKA has hit the construction dead-on. The cigar is packed what seems to be just right, I found no hard or soft spots and the wrapper contains only the smallest of veins. The cold aroma from the wrapper reminds me of a chocolate mocha and I found the same flavor notes from the foot. Once the end was cut with my trusty V cutter I found the cold draw perfect and it had the same nice chocolate mocha flavor, plus the wrapper had a nice sweetness to it. OK, here we go!

Smoking experience: Once I had the cigar toasted and lit, I was surprised that the same flavors found in the cold draw were present in the first few puffs, then quickly an underlying earthiness developed followed by Oak then a hint of black pepper then right back to the chocolate mocha. Wow, all of this in the first 1/4 inch! About an inch into the cigar the earthiness and oak began to come back but this time with just a hint of leather The burn produced a nice volume of oak and tobacco scented smoke. The burn line  so far was just a bit jagged but no where close to needing correction and it left behind a flakey light gray ash that held on until I removed the lower band.
AKA Nth Degree Cigar
By the mid point of the cigar the mocha was coming back into play creating an earthy, mocha flavor mix which I was really enjoying. The flavor mix remained constant until the final third where a bit of charcoal developed. Now, if you have read any other of my reviews you will know that I call this burnt mocha and it's my favorite flavor mix in a cigar. As the burn crept toward the nub a bit of earth came back again then back then once again the flavor shifted to straight burnt mocha, finishing out the flavor profile.

Final Thoughts: To sum things up, this is one of the most complex cigars I have ever put a match too and AKA Cigars has put out another winner! Everything AKA produces is top notch in construction, flavor and smoke-ability. The Nth degree is no exception to this rule and it's a great addition to their product line. If you are not smoking AKA cigars, you are missing out!

Appearance and construction: 19
Flavor: 19
Smoking characteristics: 19
Overall experience: 19
Purchased Price: 18
Total 94

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the