Skip to main content

Cascade Pride Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee

Once again Cascade Pride offers very little for details on this Tanzanian Peaberry coffee other than calling it single origin and saying it has vibrant flavor, medium body and brews up rich and snappy. You know me, I'm always on a quest to learn and needed to know more. I see the term "single origin" on coffee quite often and assumed it meant the coffee comes from one farm in one growing region, but after a bit of research I found that's not really correct. I found a good article about single origin on coffeegeek.com if you would like to read it for yourself. Now, let's get on to the coffee...

Quick Details:
  • Light roast
  • Single origin
  • Brewing method: Pour over & auto drip
  • Grinding method: Hand burr grinder

By accident I have two different brewing methods for this review. I had ground up some of this Tanzanian Peaberry to auto drip because I thought it had already been reviewed, but later discovered that it hadn't. I have used more than one brewing method in the past to compare the results. On most samples the brewing methods don't seem to yield much of a difference, but this time it did. The different grinding and brewing methods resulted in two completely different samples.

Putting my nose to the open bag, the whole beans gave off a nice aroma of cocoa and coffee, but once the Tanzanian Peaberry was ground the aroma changed to a mix of toast and coffee.
On the pour over, the ground beans produced a nice bloom and radiated an aroma of toasted nuts. With the first sips I found the light bodied brew to be brisk with a clean, slightly sweet finish. The flavors were a muted mixture of coffee, nuts, oak and toast with a touch of citrus.

The auto drip coffee had completely different results. The first sips were medium bodied with a soft, smooth, sweet syrupiness. I found the flavors even softer and harder to distinguish. There were notes of warm bread, toast and nuts.

I thought both methods produced a good cup of coffee, but for my personal tastes, I do prefer the brightness found with the pour over. I am giving the Cascade Pride Tanzanian Peaberry a 4.7 out of 5 star rating! One final thought, I think this would be a good all day, any time coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the