Skip to main content

Indaba Downtown: A Funding Project With Local and Global Economic Impact.

I ran across this funding project on Twitter today. Since I'm a coffee nut and it's a local project, I feel the "INDABA Downtown" project deserves as much promotion as possible.

INDABA COFFEE

INDABA Downtown: A Funding Project With Local and Global Economic Impact.

Help bring "good" coffee to downtown Spokane.

Indaba Downtown


The summary below is directly from the funding page.

" Short Summary

Hi, I’m Bobby Enslow, the owner and founder of INDABA COFFEE. After spending time working in South Africa for an HIV/AIDS clinic, I returned to my home town of Spokane, WA with a renewed passion for the poor and a dream to start a socially conscious coffee business.
This indiegogo campaign is to raise money for our second location downtown! It’s been five years since we opened our first location in West Central, and now we are ready to take our business to an up and coming area of downtown. This location will allow us to raise even more money to fight hunger in the Inland Northwest and continue to pioneer specialty coffee in the area. Living and working in West Central, the poorest neighborhood in the State, the largest need we’ve seen is access to food. This is why when we started roasting in 2014 we committed to donate a meal for every bag of coffee sold.
At the end of our first year of rolling out our fight against hunger, we have helped to provide over 2,100 meals through our partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank. With this new location downtown, it is our goal to provide over 10,000 meals in 2015. A lofty goal, but with your contribution, it can become a reality. "


See, I told you it was a worthy project, hop over to their funding page for the full story. And please do me one  more favor, once you're done there, visit indabacoffee.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the