Skip to main content

Reunión Digestivo Double Robusto by Bodega Premium Blends

You know, I always say that every cigar has a story and if it doesn't I'll just make one up!

Cigar bands are a huge thing for me. Someday I will devote an entire post explaining why this is. But briefly today, just due to the band design of the Reunión Digestivo Double Robusto I would grab a couple off the shelf to purchase. It's a great design that will stand out well on a shelf, plus it reminds me of the Minas Tirith flag in the Lord of the Rings movies, and I think that's pretty neat. Besides that bit of fun, the Reunión Digestivo by Bodega Premium Blends is offered in three vitolas: double robusto  –  5 x 54, corona gorda – 5.5 x 46, toro – 6 x 52 for this review I am smoking the double robusto so let's get on to the details.

Quick Details
  • Cigar Size: 5  x 54 Double Robusto
  • Wrapper:  Mexico,  San Andres Valley
  • Binder: Nicaraguan
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
  • Cutting Method: Colibri V-Cutter
  • Paired with: Diet Pepsi
  • Price: $11.00 Sample provided by House of Emilio
Reunión Digestivo Double Robusto by Bodega Premium Blends
Construction of this Reunión Digestivo was near perfect. The oily, toothy, wrapper did show some seams, but they were all tight and it gave me a good view of how sturdy the wrapper was. Feeling down the body it was firmly packed with no noticeable hard or soft spots. Testing aromas from the foot, I found a pleasant mix of toast, rich tobacco and tree fruit. The same flavor mix was present once the end was clipped and the firm cold draw was tested.

As I performed my normal pre-light toasting of the foot an oil line started to immediately develop on the wrapper. Once it was burning, the cigar produced a large volume of medium bodied smoke from both ends. Initially from the first inch the predominate flavors were cedar and earth. As the razor sharp burn progressed toward the 1/3 mark, flavors of cocoa, brown sugar and oak joined in. Near the center section there were nuances of caramel and a bit of mild red pepper. I did notice about then the smoke was leaving behind a sweet chocolaty aftertaste on my palate. Once the red pepper passed, there were notes of nuts, molasses, cream and cocoa that built into a nice long full bodied finish.

Burn wise, the Reunión Digestivo was fantastic. The razor sharp burn line left behind a semi firm light gray that held on to the middle where I bumped it off and a nice oily sheen developed on the wrapper.

Overall this Reunión Digestivo was a fantastic cigar. Would this cigar be good enough for the King of Gondor? Yes, I think it would. It had a great burn, great flavors including a long flavorful finish and it gave me 55 minutes of pure smoking pleasure. The $11.oo price tag is in what I call my super premium price range so I doubt if I will ever pull the trigger on a box purchase, but I would pick one up from time to time.

Rating: 93

To read  more reviews visit CheapAshCigar.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the