Skip to main content

Nomad S-307 Box-Pressed Toro

This Nomad S-307 Box-Pressed Toro is another sample provided by House of Emilio and is the first stick produced by the Nomad Cigar Company I have smoked. I am pleased to say it turned out to be a real winner. Read on to see why.

Quick Details
  • Cigar Size: 6  x 50 Toro Box-pressed
  • Wrapper:  Ecuadorian Sumatra
  • Binder: Ecuadorian Habano
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
  • Factory: AJ Fernandez
  • Cutting Method: Xikar guillotine
  • Paired with: Diet Pepsi
  • Smoking time: 60 minutes
  • Price: $7.95 MSRP. Sample provided by House of Emilio

Nomad S-307 Box-Pressed Toro
Looking at this Nomad S-307 Box-Pressed Toro I see a nice box-pressed cigar with above average construction. The Ecuadorian Sumatran wrapper is oily, it shows only the finest of veins, there is a light amount of tooth and it's put on with near invisible seams. Checking the foot for cold aromas I find notes of tea, black pepper and a slight fruitiness. After clipping off part of the cap, the cold draw is firm, but free, and I can taste rich tobacco, black pepper and dried fruit.

The foot toasted rather quickly and I was ready to go. In the first half I found flavors of black pepper, oak, caramel and coffee. Around the mid section of the cigar it began to leave a pleasant after taste of cream and nuts on the back of my palate and a hint of anise on my lips. The final two thirds more flavors entered the mix. I could taste brown sugar, cocoa, nuts, a splash of cream and some charcoal. Just past where the band had been the flavors changed to my favorite mix of burnt mocha. Testing flavors with a retro hale I found a mix of black pepper and brown sugar.

Body wise the S-307 started in the medium strength range but finished as a full bodied cigar. It had a slow razor sharp burn line that left behind a firm looking light gray ash. The ash held until the 1/3 mark. One thing that surprised me was how well this cigar held the box-pressed shape for the entire duration. Another item is the smoke, this cigar produced large plumes of smoke. The smoke had a dry finish to it. That's not a positive or a negative for me, it's just something that makes smoking cigars interesting for me.

As I said, this is my first Nomad cigar and I think it was a darn good first experiance. I plan on smoking many more!

I would like to thank the Nomad Cigar Company and the House of Emilio for providing this sample for review. Thank you!

Rating: 94

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the