Skip to main content

Camacho Connecticut Robusto

I have been so impressed with these newly banded cigars from Camacho Cigars that over the next week or so I will be reviewing all the blends that are in stock at Cigar Train here in Spokane. Today, it's the Connecticut Robusto. As a side note, I used this cigar and the Criollo in a coffee-cigar pairing experiment for Cravens Coffee using their French roast blend. Cravens Coffee is a medium sized roasting company also located here in Spokane.

Quick Details
  • Cigar Size: 5  x 50 Robusto
  • Wrapper:  Ecuadorian Connecticut
  • Binder: Authentic Corojo
  • Filler: Honduran Generoso & Aleman Ligero
  • Cutting Method: Colibri Slice
  • Price: $7.99 purchased at Cigar Train


Camacho Connecticut Robusto
Take a look at the picture of the Connecticut robusto and you will see one of the reasons these Camacho cigars impress me, construction is nothing but top of the line. There are no seams or veins present in the picture and I didn't Photoshop them out. 

Checking the foot for cold aromas I found notes of toast mixed with a floral or dried tree fruit type of bouquet.  Once the cap was clipped, (the cutter I was reviewing at the time tore the wrapper, ugh), the firm but free cold draw contained flavor notes of toast and brown sugar.

Once the cigar was burning the first flavors were a mild bodied mix of oak, cream and molasses. After the first few draws I noticed a nice mild spice that lingered on the palate. This is billed buy Camacho as a mild bodied cigars, which it is, but I thought the flavors were bold, but not strong. As the burn progressed there were additional notes of coffee, cream, white pepper, cedar and a hint of anise. This stick didn't have a complex flavor profile, but it was very flavorful. With a quick retro hale I found nuances anise and cedar.

Burn wise, this cigar produced large plumes of smoke from both ends and it gave me sixty minutes of smoking pleasure. The burn was a bit wavy the first third, but was razor sharp by the cigar's mid point, where the light gray ash finally gave way.

Like I have said in all the Camacho Cigar reviews, if you haven't tried them yet you're really missing out! This is one of the top Connecticut's I've smoked.

Rated: 93



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Camacho Facebook Post

I was truly humbled to see this  Camacho Cigars  Facebook post yesterday. Thank you!

Eight O'Clock Coffee The Original

This sample of Eight O'Clock Coffee , "The Original", came right off the supermarket shelf the other day. It's a medium roast blend that included a large volume of broken and partial beans. Actually, I was surprised by the volume of broken beans as I poured each sample into the grinder. When the bag was opened, to the nose there were rich aromas of toast and coffee, while the pour-over aromas were a mix of cocoa and warm bread. I brewed and sampled four cups of The Original to be sure of my tasting notes. On the Eight O'Clock web site they list this coffee as "sweet, fruity and well balanced." Like most other coffee reviews that's not exactly what I found. In my samples there were semi-sweet flavors of toast, nuts and earth, with a hint of cocoa as the coffee cooled. I found the coffee clean and well balanced with a medium bodied, slightly dry mouth feel. Overall, The Original, from Eight O'Clock coffee brewed a flavorful rewarding cup

Tryst No. 2 Robusto Brandy E-Cigar

Featuring e-juice made in the USA, these  Tryst  e-cigars are a pretty sweet deal. The No. 2 Robusto Brandy is another great example of a cigarette alternative that give me cigar-like satisfaction indoors or wherever I can't smoke a real cigar. Like the last Tryst reviews, I've been puffing on the No. 2 the past two days while writing. Other than its brandy flavor, this Brandy model is just like the the other No. 2's. The tapered head makes it easy to hold hands-free between your teeth, the wrapper is durable showing no signs of wear, it produces a large volume of vapor and the brandy flavored e-juice tastes fantastic.  You probably know I'm not much of a flavored cigar person, but these American made e-juices from Tryst have fantastic flavor, this brandy is really close to tasting like brandy. I've tried other flavored e-cigarette products in the past and the flavors don't compare at all to the Tryst e-cigar flavors. Add together the great taste, the